For 80% of people, juggling priorities is a daily task, and extreme multitasking has become a norm. “With so much going on in your life how do you still have time to work out?” Most people think that in order to workout you have to make sacrifices, but this is not the case. Blending exercise into your other tasks is the way to go- no prioritization required.
Have a pet?
If you have a dog, you take them for walks. Consider adding some variety, walking a bit or faster even making it a jog or both. Not only will your dog thank you but you will also be getting some consistent cardio in for 10-15 mins.
Don’t know what to do at the gym?
Are you someone who knows you want to stay active but don’t know what to do? Try a group fitness class, like barre, spin cycle, HiiT, where an instructor will spoon feed you a routine. Classes not your thing? No worries! Hop on the elliptical or treadmill and jog or run for 10-15 mins. If you want more of a challenge and you are a little lost in the weight room, consider hiring a personal trainer or downloading a fun workout app like NIKE+ or Apptiv. We offer the first session free!
Get a little work out in when you can throughout the day even if you are unable to get a consistent 15-30 min workout at the gym.
- When you roll out of bed you can roll to the floor and knock out 10 push-ups and/or hold a plank for 60sec. It’ll wake you up and help you get your day started
- If you need to heat up food in the microwave, see how many squats you can get in before the timer goes off
- If you sit at a desk all day, take a walk to grab lunch
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator
- Find a wall, do wall sits for 60 sec, randomly throughout the day
There are plenty of fun and creative ways to add a little work out throughout the day. Try it out and you will realize that you have more time than you think 😉
#FHfitness #fitfam #fedhill #BmoreFit #healthandwellness